Monday, May 16, 2011

My daughter

My daughter is three and she is adorable.  I'll call her Dolly.   I woke up last night at 2:00 am to the sound of her soft crying and whimpers "Mommy!  Mommy! Mommy!"   Admittedly, I usually ignore these late night summonses because she usually just goes back to sleep after a few minutes, as if she had a mild bad dream.  But last night she was suffering from a cold and I figured she may be thirsty. So I went to her room and was engaged in the the following exchange:

Me: What's wrong dolly?

Dolly:  Mommy what happened to my teeth!!?

Me:  I don't know, dolly!

Dolly: What happened to my teeth?

Me: I don't know!

(pause)

Dolly:  Can you kiss my teeth for me? (opens mouth  to expose teeth)

Me: Ok, dolly (makes a show of kissing her upper lip near her teeth, to placate dolly whilst avoiding major germ transfer)

Dolly:  (clearly not fooled by fake kiss, and using a more insistent tone)  Can you kiss my teeth for me?? (Opens mouth very wide to expose teeth)

Me:  (kisses teeth)  There, that's better.  Do you want some juice, dolly?

Dolly:  Ok  (drinks juice)

Dolly:  Thanks mommy (pronounced "Tanks mommy")  I won't cry anymore.

Me: Goodnight dolly.  Go back to sleep darling. (leaves the room)


What an angel.   I love reading real dialogue with children so I had to share this little snippet.   There was nothing wrong with her teeth, maybe she has a new one coming in.  But every time she gets a "boo boo" she expects mommy to kiss it -  teeth too, apparently.

On the narcissist front, my ex-H is starting to adjust to the fact that his mother may be dying.  He has had a complete turn around over the weekend, and I think he may be working on a new narcissistic supply (i.e. girlfriend).  He had been calling me incessantly last week, telling me about the heroic efforts he was making to ensure his mother was getting the best possible health care.   Now I think he may be stepping up efforts to find a replacement for his mother, who was/is a huge source of supply.

No comments:

Post a Comment